Julie AustinPartner Fieldfisher Ireland
Julie is a specialist in data protection law and advises both the public and private sector on all areas of data protection and freedom of information. Her experience includes:
- investigations conducted by the Data Protection Commission in Ireland as Lead Supervisory Authority
- international transfers
- Ad Tech
- SARs (including on an outsourced basis)
- DPO services
- drafting and negotiating data protection clauses in SLAs and data processing agreements
- designation as data controller, joint controller or processor
- data protection audits
- advising on the implementation of data retention and destruction policies and procedures and other data protection policies
- advising on freedom of information requests including representing clients before the Information Commission in Ireland and the provision of training to FOI bodies
Julie’s clients include professional services firms, cloud computing companies, multinationals, internet service providers, government bodies and regulatory bodies.
Julie regularly speaks on data protection issues. Julie lectures on FOI and Data Protection on a number of Law Society of Ireland Diploma courses.